Thursday 21 May 2009

Our Planet has a brain !

These days I am trying out Google Gears with my Calendar, Reader for news and Mail …. and it has made me realize one thing. The Internet is the One Way which generations would continue to interact with each other. My tiny little HP2133 netbook forced me to learn Linux in a way which would never allow me to go back to Windows. But the Web should be utterly free, and so should be information transfer.









All this technology, I wonder... where is it leading us spiritually ? There are churches and cults on the Web, but more than that I think that the Web leads to free uninhibited thinking. Once thought flow is free, it leads us to a new dimension – that of global intelligence. Finally in Nature(1) I finally got a glimpse of how our Planet's brain looks.

This is a data-miner's view of how scientific information is used across the global networks. One single piece of thought as a paper or publication, as it makes its way across the networked intelligence. Strikingly similar to how our own neural networks work within our brain. Finally our planet has reached a level of evolutionary capacity to think on a global scale, as the neural hardware show evidence of thinking taking place. This 'map of knowledge' is a million brains, aided with computers, Linux, Mac or Windows... breathing , living and thinking.

Fellow Netizens, our time has come !

Reference :

(1) Web Usage Dataoutline map of knowledge.Nature Vol. 458, Pg. 135,March 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment